Saturday, April 1, 2017

Do You Wander in Second Life?




To wander is to be alive.

Roman Payne   





As my three loyal readers know, I’m an explorer and wanderer in Second Life (SL).

In other words, I’m a wanderer.

To quote one of my favorite writers, J. R. R. Tolkien, “Not all those who wander are lost.” 

(Significant Other looks doubtful.)

I wander inworld because my meanderings in Real Life (RL) were curtailed a while back. 

(Significant Other smiles appreciatively.  Occasionally, I come through!)

But, what about you?

Do you wander in SL?


(I’m talking about meaningful wandering not simply getting lost inworld.)

Or, do you tend to stay in one place?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that!  (Another future story here!)

If you do wander then why?

Are you like me looking for new places, new friends, and new experiences inworld? 

Where do you wander?

Anyplace that happens to come along or is there a method to your journey?

How do you wander?

Alone, with friends, engaging with the locals, or just lurking in the shadows?

Is there a purpose to your journey, or are you like Jack Kerouac in On the Road, just answering the call of the open road? 

Will your journey ever end?

Are you looking for something, someplace, or someone?

Will you simply leave SL never to be seen again?

Will you leave a trail of friends with memories of you behind?

Me, I enjoy wandering across the Grid!

I enjoy blogging about my journeys there. 

Yet, while still a wanderer at heart, I find myself with friends and places that I return to from time to time. 

I’m not too predictable and RL adds its own dynamic.  

So, what about you?

Please send me your thoughts and I’ll either write about them or maybe join you on part of your journey! 

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives. 

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

            If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
 please click here.

            Open roads and kind fires!



No comments: